If you’ve read my previous School Districts in Tucson, AZ, blog, you may be wondering where Part 2 is.
Well, wait no longer. Here is Part 2, helping you explore the School Districts in and around Tucson before you make that real estate move permanent. Understanding the educational facilities around your potential home is a massively important consideration, and if you have kids, are planning for them, or even if you don’t have them, school districts can play a massive part in the final price of your real estate deal.
We’ve already covered the Flowing Wells Unified District, and the Sunnyside Unified District, and this time around we’ll be looking at the Amphitheatre Unified District, and the wider Tucson Unified District. Let’s have a look.Amphitheatre Unified District
The Amphitheatre Unified District covers the north of Tucson, and a little beyond, too, heading all the way to the Oro Valley, edging Saddlebrooke at its northern extremity. Whilst the Amphitheatre Unified District is seemingly quite large, it still isn’t the largest school district in Tucson: that falls upon the wider Tucson Unified District itself.
The Amphitheatre Unified District features 13 elementary schools:
- Tucson Academy Of Leadership & Arts, Tucson, AZ 85705
- Helen Keeling Elementary, Tucson, AZ 85705
- E C Nash, Tucson, AZ 85705
- L M Prince, Tucson, AZ 85705
- Frances Owen Holaway Elementary, Tucson, AZ 85719
- Rio Vista Elementary, Tucson, AZ 85719
- Lulu Walker, Tucson, AZ 85704
- Marion Donaldson Elementary, Tucson, AZ 85704
- Winifred Harelson Elementary, Tucson, AZ 85704
- Mesa Verde Elementary, Tucson, AZ 85704
- Richard B Wilson Junior, Tucson, AZ 85742
- Copper Creek Elementary, Tucson, AZ 85737
- Coronado K-8, Tucson, AZ 85739
3 middle school facilities:
- Amphitheater Middle, Tucson, AZ 85705
- La Cima Middle, Tucson, AZ 85704
- Lawrence W Cross Middle, AZ 85704
3 high school facilities:
- Ironwood Ridge High, Tucson, AZ 85742
- Amphitheater High, Tucson, AZ 85705
- Presidio High, Tucson, AZ 85719
And two specialist school facilities:
- Rillito Center, Tuscon, AZ 85705
- Sonoran Science Academy, AZ 85741
Amphitheatre Unified District covers quite some ground, so it is worth seriously evaluating where your kids will be heading to school each day, from when they are very small to their young adult lives – but don’t let it impact your real estate decision too much. Real estate values within the Amphitheatre School District vary wildly, due to the size of the district and the variety of real estate on offer.
Get in touch, and we can assess your real estate needs, and see if we can match you to your dream property.Tucson Unified District
The Tucson Unified District covers a massive amount of ground, and features over 60 elementary schools, around 20 middle schools, and another 25 high and specialist schools. Now, I don’t want you to think I’m flaking out on providing you the entire list – but seriously, it’s massive, and I don’t think you’ll want an endless list of schools in this area.
The Tucson Unified District stretches from Ryan Airfield, AZ, in the west of Tucson, all the way across to the Twin Hills, AZ, at the other end of East Broadway Blvd, but also touches Bear Creek in the north. It is a vast area that covers an entire central band of the city, and you’ll be sure to find your ideal Tucson real estate dream somewhere in the middle.
I’m hesitant to give more specific real estate prices for the Tucson Unified School District for the exact reasons I haven’t expanded the list of schools throughout this area: there is just too much difference across the entire region, and real estate up near Bear Creek is entirely different to down on West Valencia.
The best option here is contact me directly to talk about your real estate options, and we can work on your Tucson real estate plan together.
P.S: For more information, check out this Tucson city-data.